- 1 The Root Of The Problem
- 2 Getting Groove Music To Find Song: Fixes
- 3 Tips And Tricks
For your information, Groove Music requires WWAHost.exe to run, and if that process acts up, Groove Music not finding songs is one of the consequences. You have a hard time getting Groove Music to play all of the songs added to its library? Then it’s strongly recommended that you terminate WWAHost.exe via Task Manager. Depending on the situation, you should also consider checking out the music folder, enabling sharing, turning on indexing, uninstalling and reinstalling Groove Music, etc.
The Root Of The Problem
Generally speaking, like its contemporaries, Groove Music could experience a couple of issues from time to time. Still, if you notice Groove Music not finding songs, you may want to take into account the following suspects:
- Music folder.
- Groove Music.
Getting Groove Music To Find Song: Fixes
Note: It’s not uncommon for Groove Music to bug out in use, and a reset should bring it back to normal. To reset Groove Music, press Windows + I to open Settings, select Apps, choose Groove Music, and hit Advanced options. Afterward, hit Reset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Terminate WWAHost.exe Via Task Manager
- Step 1: Launch Groove Music.
- Step 2: Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and pick Task Manager.
- Step 3: Locate Groove Music on Processes tab, right-click it, and pick Go to details.
- Step 4: Select WWAHost.exe, then choose End task.
- Step 5: Determine whether the issue persists.
Check Out The Music Folder
- Step 1: Launch Groove Music.
- Step 2: Look to the left, click the cog icon and pick Choose where we look for music.
- Step 3: Select the “+” icon, navigate to the music folder that contains your songs and choose it. After you finish, select Add this folder to Music, choose Done and see how things turn out.
- Step 1: Press Windows + E to open File Explorer, navigate to the folder that contains your songs, right-click it, and pick Properties.
- Step 2: Go to Sharing tab, then hit Advance Sharing…
- Step 3: Check the Share this folder checkbox, select Permission, choose Everyone and check all the checkboxes in the Allow column. Next, click Apply, choose OK, select Apply and choose OK. Last but not least, launch Groove Music and then witness the result.
Uninstall And Reinstall Groove Music
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Apps, choose Groove Music, and hit Uninstall.
- Step 2: Restart the computer the moment the uninstallation completes.
- Step 3: When the screen comes back on, launch Store, search Groove Music, and reinstall it.
- Step 4: Set the location of the music folder, then use Groove Music as usual.
Tips And Tricks
Transfer Playlists From Other Platforms To Groove Music
In case you don’t know, it’s possible to transfer playlists from Spotify to Groove Music. Hence, if you already have an amazing playlist on Spotify, you could transfer it to Groove Music and avoid the hassles of manually re-creating it. All you have to do is to make use of Soundiiz. Groove packs a built-in iTunes playlist importer as well, so if your playlist is on Apple Music/iTunes, transferring playlists is a straightforward affair.
Use Groove Music Without Groove Pass
A number of Windows users assume that Groove Pass is necessary to get the most out of Groove Music. However, that is not true: if you don’t have Groove Player Pass but still like using Groove Player, you just need to load all the songs you have on your OneDrive account.
Pin Songs To Start Menu
Unable to start a day without listening to some songs? In that case, it’s a good idea to keep such songs where you can easily reach them, and Groove Music Player could help you with that. Groove Music possesses a pin feature that you can use to pin your favorite songs to the Start menu. That means you don’t have to wait for Groove to launch every time you want to listen to songs.
Hi music fan! I am Jeff. Hope that you enjoy some stuff I shared here in my personal blog.
About myself, Currently I am in charging as Artist Manager/Music Supervisor at 72 Music Management. I did managed album to Grammy Award in 2017 with 7 Nominations from 2014-2020 and had the opportunities to work with : A.J. Croce, Blind Boys of Alabama, Bobby Rush, Dom Flemons, Dustbowl Revival, Sarah Grace
Governor of the Memphis Chapter of The Recording Academy is one of a award that I am lucky to achieved. My profile: Linkedin.