Skype is the most popular video calling and chatting tool which is mainly because of a lot of features it offers. Among these features, screen sharing is one of the best ones which makes video calling a lot more productive for those who are using it for work purposes. And now with the new update, Skype has made this feature even better. When you use Skype, you can share your screen with the other participants in your call. If you are new to using Skype then you may definitely want to know how to play sound through skype screen share.
If you’re chatting, or having a conversation with someone over Skype, and want to show them something on your PC, one of the best ways to do so is screen sharing. Whether you want to have a conversation with a co-worker based in another country, or someone from your family asks you for help with their computer, screen sharing can help you a lot. Well, the program isn’t that tricky but the complications you need to go through in order to set Skype to make video calls is a bit of a difficult process. The reason we are saying so isn’t that you need to go through various series of steps but because the functionality is not very easily accessible.
While effective during Skype voice communication, your computer’s microphone — whether it’s an internal model or an external USB headset — makes an ineffective broadcasting source when it’s held up against another speaker. Even if you don’t notice a decrease in sound quality, there’s always the potential of annoying audio feedback. To share the playback of sound during a Skype call, it’s more effective to reconfigure your system’s sound input settings so your Skype friends end up hearing what you hear over your computer speakers. With that said, let’s just figure out how to play sound through the Skype screen share.
Skype screen sharing audio
When you are on a Skype call with your friend or a client then most of the times you feel the need to share audio. The audio can be anything. It can be a video clip from your Desktop or a YouTube video on the internet or just any sample audio file within your system. If you have ever come across to any of these above-mentioned problems where you are unable to share system sound on Skype then your problems are worthwhile. Streaming audio along with video is very important, otherwise the call will get boring in no time. If you are just sharing screen with someone and you are the only person that is enjoying the gameplay then it will be no fun to anyone. This is why always make sure to play sound through Skype screen share in-order to have fun both ways.
There are basically three ways to troubleshooting your issue within Skype. You would need to go through all of them step by step and one by one. The methods or solutions are listed below in the order of their simplicity. Thus let’s just check “how to play sound through Skype screen share” with ease.
- Make a Skype call to your friend or colleague.
- Click on the “+” sign button on the bottom of your Skype screen.
- Choose “Share System Sound” options from the menu.
- Click OK and share the audio file and you will find no problem to share system sound on skype.
If in case the above solution doesn’t work for you and you still find yourself figuring out “how to share audio on Skype” then we suggest, you go through the steps below:
- Exit all windows applications running.
- Navigate to the task bar and “Right-click” on the Speakers icon.
- Choose “Recording Devices” tab.
- On the dialogue box that appears, right-click on an empty space.
- Choose “Select a Recording Device” from the menu and click over “Show Disabled Recording Devices”.
- A new device will appear named “Stereo Mix”. Enable the device to activate it within your system application.
- Exit the window by clicking “OK” and your Stereo Mix will be enabled within your Computer settings.
- Now login to your Skype account.
- Click on Tools tab and find Options from the menu.
- Click over the Audio settings
- Head over to Microphone pane and click on the drop-down
- Choose Stereo Mix to enable the device in Skype.
- Save the changes made and exit the window.
- Make the Skype call and try to share the audio once again. Most likely you will be able to sail through.
If you are still not able to figure out how to share audio on Skype that the only option left is to uninstall only to reinstall it within your system. This is because; it is quite a possibility that you may be facing issues within your Skype program. Thus updating the program may help. Follow the steps to configure and backup your chat before you uninstall the program.
Solution No. 3 Configure your Skype Data file
- Click CTRL+R on your desktop to open up the Run command.
- Enter the search string as %appdata%Skype and hit enter.
- Locate the Skype folder with your name and delete the Configuration file within the folder.
- Now return to your Skype folder and navigate to the Shared.xml file.
- Rename the folder to retain your Skype chat with a different name.
- Open the Run command again and enter Appwiz.cpl to locate your Skype program.
- Uninstall the software to reinstall via the Skype website.
- Once downloaded, make a Skype call and you should now be able to Skype share system sound.
So, the above mentioned are the ways with the help of which you can play sound through a Skype screen share.